Winkbeds Mattress Review
|Firmness / Support Level
|Cooling / Motion Transfer
|Trial Period / Price
The Winkbeds mattress is a 14 inch hybrid mattress.
- Cover– The cover is made of a eucalyptus based Tencel fabric that has a button-down quilted design.
- Pillow Top Foam– The pillow top foam layer a quilted Euro-pillow top design. The foam is infused with cooling gel. The quilted design creates a cushioning effect that supports and eases muscle pain, body aches, and joint tensions. The softer version of the mattress uses three layers in the pillow top section while the firmer version uses only two layers.
- Transition Layer– The WinkBed mattress features a 2-inch-thick transitional layer in its softer mattress versions, this layer allows the soft foam to cushion the body adequately without sinking into the coil structure of the mattress. The firmer versions of the mattress do not have this transitional layer since the firm foam does not require additional support to prevent it from digging into the coil layer.
- Edge Support– The WinkBed mattress comes with an "Extra Edge" support system that gives good durability to the perimeter of the bed. Hence, you do not have to worry about a lopsided mattress with this one.
- Micro Coil Layer– The micro-coil layer is comprised of individually wrapped micro coils with several support zones and is 2.5 inches thick. Support zones target the lower back, shoulder, and hip area while providing bounce to the whole mattress. The Plus option of the mattress binds these coils in groups of four to provide extra support to the mattress that enables it to retain its recoil and spring back under heavier weight.
- Pocketed Coil Layer– The pocketed coils are largely responsible for the structure, balance, and bounce back of the mattress. It gives the mattress its springy feel and ensures that the mattress stays resilient throughout its lifetime. This layer is 7 inches in all versions of the mattress.
- Base Layer– The base layer keeps the mattress in place and prevents it from moving or shifting with activity.
The individually wrapped coils and foam layers limit motion transfer making it a good mattress for light sleepers.
The WinkBed mattress offers four firmness levels:
This is the softest version of the mattress. It ranks a 6.5 out of a 10 in the firmness rating.
The luxury firm mattress option offers you a nice cozy surface with a firmness rating of 7.5 out of 10.
This option ranks a 7.5 on the firmness scale.
The plus firmness level provides additional support for plus-sized individuals. This is a very firm level with an 8 out of 10 firmness rating making it a hard surface.
Cooling and Temperature Regulation
The WinkBed mattress promotes optimal air circulation because of its widely spaced and individually wrapped coil system. The mattress also comes equipped with a cooling gel that absorbs your body heat and prevents the mattress from becoming hot.
The shipping time takes anywhere between 1 week to 2 weeks for the order to be shipped after you have successfully placed the order on their website. The mattress is shipped via UPS and the delivery time depends on your location. The shipping is free within the United States.
Packaging and Delivery
The WinkBed mattress is delivered to your doorstep in a compressed form. The mattress is compressed and folded into a cardboard box for shipping purposes. The package is secured well to prevent any incidental and elemental damage during transit. Once delivered you are responsible for moving it to the room of your choice, unboxing it, and setting it up.
The Winkbed mattress comes with 120 days of sleep trial with a lock-in period of 30 days on this. This means that the company asks you to try the mattress for a minimum of 30 nights before you ask for a return.
You can also exchange your mattress in this period for a different level of firmness. This change in firmness level will cost you $49 as a white glove delivery charge; the company will remove the old mattress and replace it with the new mattress.
The mattress comes with a lifetime limited warranty by the manufacturer. The warranty is only applicable to the original owners of the mattress and cannot be transferred. It covers all manufacturing defects, damage, and indentations over 1.5 inches on the foam. The warranty does not cover normal wear and tear or damage from abnormal use of the mattress.
“Any Reason” Lifetime Replacement Guarantee
The company has committed to replacing your mattress over its lifetime for a 50% discount on the current market price of the mattress you wish to buy. Hence, you can easily exchange your old WinkBeds mattress for any other WinkBed mattress in their product list. This is different from the warranty that the company offers.
Benefits of Buying WinkBed Mattress
- Customizable firmness options with four different levels to choose from
- Ideal for all sleeping types
- Cool Tencel cover made with eucalyptus plant extracts for a naturally cooling surface
- Plush and cushiony feel satisfies all comfort needs
- Great lumbar and lower back support
- Good pressure relief for body aches and joints
- Unique 50% “Any Reason Lifetime Guarantee”
- Advanced cooling system for an effective temperature regulation