PUFFY LUX HYBRID MATTRESS REVIEW
This review will guide you through the awesome Puffy Lux Mattress to help you decide if its attractions are in keeping with your needs. You will get to know the real features, construction style, performance levels, and durability factors of the mattress by the end of this guide.
Puffy is another mattress brand that has managed to capture the market with its excellent sleep-oriented mattresses. The company was founded in 2016 and is dedicated to serving its customers with the best mattress quality at an affordable pricing range. Puffy believes in offering effective sleep solutions to its buyers and this has earned the company a dedicated customer base. It offers three mattresses namely the Puffy original, the Puffy Lux, and the Puffy Royal mattress. The original Puffy mattress is an all-foam construction while the Lux and Royal mattresses are a hybrid version with a coil system in their support layers.
The Puffy Lux hybrid mattress is the company’s most popular mattress. It is the perfect basic hybrid mattress in the brand’s mattress range. Apart from the mattresses, Puffy also has a huge sleep accessory collection. It boasts pillows, mattress protectors, mattress pads, mattress toppers, blankets, sheets, bed frames including adjustable frames, rugs, and dog beds for a complete bedding solution. All the sleep accessories including the bed frames and dog beds come with a 101-night sleep trial period and lifetime warranty. The company accepts all returns made during that period irrespective of your purchase. Further, all the returned products are donated by the company to the children’s charity making this company one of the best in the social responsibility area.
The Puffy Lux Hybrid mattress is the most popular mattress by the brand Puffy. True to its name the mattress affords you a puffy comfort that makes you feel like you are floating on air on a cloud-like surface. It is a hybrid construction that affords a good tradeoff between comfort and support. The mattress is light and airy with a good airflow system, unlike the foam mattress which is denser and tends to trap air in between layers.
On the brighter side, the mattress has a soft plush texture and you will sink right into it giving your body the cocooning comfort. The foam used in the comfort layer is highly adaptive and gives an instant response to your movements while the pocketed coils do a good job of providing a push-back feature to the mattress. This gives a nice bounce to the mattress that adds to the overall sleep experience.
Puffy Lux Hybrid Mattress Review Criteria
- Mattress Construction
- Firmness / Support Level
- Cooling / Motion Transfer
- Trial Period / Price
The layers of the Puffy Lux hybrid mattress allow it to offer good pressure relief and good body support. The mattress is designed to offer the best comfort while keeping the support feature well balanced.
- Cover– The Lux hybrid mattress comes with an aesthetically pleasing outer cloud cover with a nice quilted mesh design. It is a hypoallergenic cover with stain-resistant properties. This makes the cover ideal for sensitive sleepers and allergy-prone individuals. The stain-resistant feature also helps keep the mattress clean and fresh without you having to stress out about its maintenance. It sports a soft cloud-like softness and is quite plush to touch and feel.
- Comfort Layer– Under the cover is the comfort layer of the mattress. This layer is responsible for the firmness level and the luxurious sink-in feature of the mattress. It comprises three different foam layers. The first layer is the cooling cloud foam which is 1.5 inches in thickness. It is infused with a cooling gel that gives the sleeper a nice cooling effect. Also, the foam has a breathable structure that allows the mattress to have a light and airy construction.
Next comes the plush dual cloud foam layer. This layer also has a loftiness of 1.5 inches. It gives good pressure relief to the sleeper by contouring their body curves and joints. This layer helps the mattress come back to its original shape. Lastly, there is the 2-inch climate comfort foam layer. This foam further helps in keeping the mattress cool `through its humidity-resistant property. It wicks away at all the moisture or humidity that might be present in the mattress keeping it fresh and airy.
- Support Layer– The support layer of the Lux hybrid mattress comprises the contour adapt coil structure. It has a thickness of 7-inches and is made of high-density foam with adaptive coils. This layer provides durability and stability to the mattress while keeping it resilient.
- Grip Base Cover– Lastly, the mattress is rounded off with a grid base cover. This keeps the mattress in one place despite all the movements happening on the mattress surface.
The memory foam layer of the Lux hybrid mattress allows the mattress to absorb the motions in one area without disturbing the other regions. Even, the coil layer structure does well in this regard due to the individually encased and pocketed system incorporated within the coils. This allows the mattress to remain quiet in one area even with constant movements in other areas making it a good choice for restless sleepers.
Body Temperature Regulation
The Lux hybrid mattress comes with a cool hypoallergenic cover that allows the mattress surface to remain cool through the night. Further, the individually encased coil support layer prevents the body heat that is soaked into the mattress through the foam layer to get trapped. The breathable sides help in the air circulation and together these factors keep the mattress cool.
Ease of Movement
The Lux hybrid mattress is a highly responsive mattress that instantly conforms to your body. It allows you a cloud-like sleeping experience that cradles the sleeper within the layers. The coil structure gives the mattress a bounce that keeps you from feeling trapped.
The Lux hybrid model has a pliable foam layer that compresses excellently to give you a high plush comfort level. The coil support system of the mattress prevents the mattress from sagging into the base.
The firmness level of the Lux hybrid mattress falls under the range of 5 to 7 out of 10. The exact firmness level is dependent on your body weight and height. The heavier-weighted people will find the mattress leaning towards the softer side while the light-weighted sleepers will find the mattress on the firmer side. For the average weight, the mattress affords a medium firmness level of 5.5 out of 10.
Weight and Sleep Style Interaction
The Puffy Lux hybrid mattress has a medium firmness level that allows it to provide a nice even surface for the sleepers. This promotes a good sleeping posture with great body alignment and lumbar support. The comfort layer of the mattress sports a highly adaptive foam that contours perfectly to the body structure of the sleepers and cocoons the various body joints. This foam allows the sleeper to sink into the mattress for a nice plush comfort level in all sleeping styles. The mattress does excellently for light to middleweight people in all sleeping styles.
People with a tendency to sleep on their sides require a lot of cocooning on their hips and shoulders. It is these two areas of their body that dig into the mattress and bears the pressure of the entire body weight. The Lux hybrid mattress with its foam and coil support structure allows an even body weight distribution that takes off the pressure on the hips and shoulder region. It also gives good body contouring that cradles these two regions and allows the sleepers to sleep peacefully in this position without developing shoulder aches and hip pains.
Sleeping on your tummy puts immense pressure on your midriff and upper torso. This style of sleeping requires you to have an even mattress that does not sink into your tummy thereby making your spine turn inwards. Continuous sleeping on your tummy with ill support to the midriff will cause your spine to bend over backward leading to chronic medical problems. The Lux hybrid mattress gives good support to the midriff region of sleepers weighing under 250 lbs.
The Lux hybrid mattress with its highly adaptive foam structure provides optimal body contouring property that fills the curve in the lower spinal area and cradles your back while sleeping. The heavyweight back sleepers weighing over 250 lbs. might find that the mattress conforms a little too well to your curves.
The Lux hybrid mattress has an average off-gassing feature. These are generally harmless if kept within a certain level and tend to dissipate after a few days. Just ensure that the mattress is kept in a well-ventilated room after you unpack it. This will help clear off the odor sooner.
Reasons To Buy Puffy Lux
- High-quality materials used in the mattress manufacturing.
- Good performance levels with high durability
- Gives enhanced lumbar support
- The hypoallergenic cover makes it ideal for sensitive and allergy-prone sleepers
- Has a Puffy Royal mattress option for a more luxurious comfort
- Stain-resistant outer cover makes for easy mattress maintenance
- The mattress is manufactured and designed in the USA giving you the best quality assurance
- The mattress works well with all kinds of bed frames including box springs, slats, and adjustable frames
- Comes with an attractive lifetime warranty cover
- All return shipping costs under the trial period and the warranty period are borne by the company itself
- Good back-end support with highly trained customer care executives
Who Should Buy?
- Allergy prone people or sensitive people will benefit from the hypoallergenic mattress cover that prevents any allergy triggers like dust mites from building up
- Individuals needing superior lower back support
- Stomach sleepers will find the perfect pressure relief for their hips and upper torso
- Heavyweight side sleepers need more shoulder cushioning
- If you are looking for a good cradling comfort
- People wanting a highly responsive mattress
- Hot sleepers looking for a cool mattress with optimal air circulation
- If you have children and pets in the family then you will love the stain-resistant mattress cover
|Ratings Based on Sleeping Preference|
Puffy Lux comes with a 101-night sleep trial period. This period is a sufficient time frame for you to make up your mind about the mattress performance and interaction with your individual sleep needs.
Even the lock-in period is lower in the Puffy Lux mattress. The company has a 14-night lock-in period but requests you to give it at least 30 nights for the mattress to properly break-in. If you are not satisfied with the Lux mattress after 14-nights then you can initiate a return by reaching out to the company customer care. The process is completely hassle-free with a no questions asked return policy.
All of the Puffy Lux mattresses come with a lifetime warranty. It is a full warranty against the entire life of the mattress which will help you in getting a stress-free sleep every night on this mattress. The warranty covers all manufacturing defects and damage arising due to manufacturing problems. It also covers all body impressions and indentations that are more than 1.5-inch deep. The warranty is non-transferable and only applies to the original buyers. It does not apply in case the mattress has been burned, misused, or damaged due to improper use. It also does not cover mattress damages due to inappropriate bed frames and mattress bases.
All Puffy Lux mattresses are shipped free of cost via FedEx ground shipping throughout the contiguous 48 US states. Alaska and Hawaii attract a nominal shipping fee of $150. A tracking number is provided to the buyer once the mattress is shipped. This usually takes 1 to 3 working days post a successful order placement and payment processing. The mattress will arrive at your doorstep a few days post shipping and you can track your mattress in real-time on the FedEx website.
Delivery and Placement
The mattress is delivered to your doorstep by FedEx personnel. You do not have to be at home to receive the package. It comes in a compressed state that has been rolled and folded into a cardboard box for easy handling and shifting. The secure packaging also protects the mattress against any elemental damage during transit.
In the hybrid mattress section, you will be hard-pressed to find a mattress that is more ideally suited than the Puffy Lux Hybrid Mattress. This mattress is a perfect combination of foam and coils to give you the optimal level of comfort and pressure relief. The pocketed coil system keeps the mattress resilient while affording the sleeper with good lumbar support while the foam provides excellent body contouring.