LYTTON SLEEP SIGNATURE REVIEW: COMFORT FIRM OR COMFORT PLUSH
Lytton Sleep is a newer brand, but one worth remembering whenever you need a mattress. The combination of quality and comfort it provides is only overshadowed by the elegant, luxurious design of its mattresses.
Present on the U.S. market since 2020, Lytton Sleep is a brand associated with luxury and great quality for the money. Their promise for great sleep comes in the form of two mattresses: Lytton Signature Comfort Plush and Lytton Signature Comfort Firm.
As the name suggests, the main difference between these mattresses is the firmness level. With its two options, Lytton answers the need of all sleeper categories. The Comfort Plush is best for side and combination sleepers, for anyone wanting a softer, cloud-like mattress easy on the hips, shoulders, and neck. The Comfort Firm is perfect for stomach sleepers and back sleepers who need extra support in the lumbar area.
Both mattresses provide excellent spine alignment. They regulate body temperature, allow the skin to breathe, and sleep cool. Depending on your needs and preferences, one will surely provide the right combination of support, cushioning, and pressure relief.
Lytton Sleep Mattresses Review
In times when stress and fatigue are the greatest threat to health and well-being, and daily routine eats up at sleep time, Lytton sets out to make a difference.
They went the extra mile and upgraded from standard CertiPur-US to Serene foams and from the tempered steel pocketed coils to Quantum Edge Leggett & Pratt Coils Systems. The hand-tufted, euro-top organic cotton blend cover is the cherry on top of the pie and the source of the royal, luxurious feel of these mattresses.
All materials are sustainably-sourced from reputed U.S. and Canada manufacturers, to ensure not just comfort and quality but also durability, further highlighted by Lytton’s Infinity Warranty.
|Mattress Construction||Firmness / Support Level||Cooling / Motion Transfer||Trial Period / Price|
Construction & Design
The two mattresses have a similar 5-layer sturdy construction. The density of the foam used is the detail that makes the difference between Lytton Signature Comfort Plush and Lytton Signature Comfort Firm. Each layer is thoughtfully designed and assembled to ensure ultimate comfort, support, pressure relief, cooling, and motion isolation.
- Hand-Tufted Quilted Euro Top Panel– It combines the fabric with two layers of CertiPUR-US foams. The top layer has an open cell structure and is infused with cooling gel. The fabric has the top made from organic cotton (81%) and the bottom made from polyester (19%) is sourced from Maxime Knitting, a reputable manufacturer leading the industry since 1985 from Charlotte, NC.
- Serene®️ Foam with Supportive Air Technology™– This foam, manufactured by Carpenter, from Richmond, VA, has been proven to sleep cooler and provide better support and pressure relief compared to traditional memory foam. It also reduces motion transfer, making Lytton mattresses great for couples. Lytton Signature Comfort Plush uses 12 ILD Serene®️ Foam, while Lytton Signature Comfort Firm uses 22 ILD Serene®️ Foam.
- Leggett and Platt Quantum Edge Coil System– Sourced directly from the Carthage, MO, manufacturer, it creates an edge-to-edge even sleeping surface, isolating motion, improving air flow and heat dissipation, and providing targeted support. Thanks to it, Lytton mattresses sleep 28 cooler than traditional memory foam mattresses.
- Base Foam Layer and Edge Encasement– The above layers are supported, reinforced, and held in place by a 1” layer of 1.8 density 36ILD PCC with an FR cloth made of rayon and carbon graft.
- 8 Horizontal Handles– Depending on size, Lytton mattresses have up to 8 handles sewn around their perimeter to facilitate positioning and rotation. They also add to the already solid stitching, allowing the fabric to retain its shape and adding to its resilience.
The 5-zone design and 2 firmness options allow Lytton mattresses to relieve pressure in all the key areas and in all sleeping positions, while also ensuring that sleepers receive optimum support.
As long as you choose the right firmness option for your sleeping position, you can be sure your Lytton mattress with cradle your body, support your back, and relieve pressure in the hips, shoulders, neck, and joints aread, allowing you to enjoy restful sleep throughout the night.
By combining the best in memory foam and coild, Lytton mattresses take motion isolation to the next level. The foam adjust to each curve of your body, while the pocketed coils provide localized, targeted support.
If you share the bed, you can be sure that you and your partner will not be bothered by one another’s tossing and turning or frequent bathroom visits. The Lytton mattress will respond to each body and each movement individually, preventing motion transfer and partner disturbance.
As mentioned above, Lytton lets you choose from two firmness levels:
- Lytton Signature Comfort Plush offers 3-5/10 firmness and is perfect for lightweight sleepers, side sleepers, and back sleepers who appreciate added cushioning and bounce.
- Lytton Signature Comfort Firm offers 6-8/10 firmness and caters to the need of plus size, stomach sleepers, and back sleepers who would like to avoid sinking and appreciate additional support.
Body Temperature Regulation
By combining the best in organic cotton, cooling gel, Serene®️ foam, and quantum edge coils, Lytton mattresses do a great job regulating body temperature.
The fabric allows the skin to breathe and prevents sweating. On one hand, it allows the sleeper to benefit from the cooling properties of the gel-infused open-cell foam. On the other hand, it absorbs and dissipates body heat. Airflow is further enhanced by the pocketed coils.
Many foam mattresses show signs of sagging after only months of usage but that is not the case with Lytton. By playing with different foam structures and densities using the top-quality coil systems and reinforcing the edges, they succeeded to create sturdy, resilient mattresses, guaranteed to ensure minimum two decades of comfort and support.
Ease of Movement
As long as you choose the right Lytton mattress for you, moving and getting in and out of bed will be a breeze. You’ll get the perfect combination of cuddling, cushioning and bounce, with optimum edge support, and without any feelings of sinking or being trapped. For these reasons and more, Lytton mattresses are rated as great for sex, and kids love jumping on them as well.
Do you like sleeping on the edge and you’re worried you may fall? Do you dread the feeling of slipping when sitting on the edge of the bed, getting in and out or putting on your clothes or footwear?
Lytton took care of all that by reinforcing the edges with a high-density foam perimeter and additional stitching. Plus, the layers of the mattress work so well together that they feel like one and add to the overall balance and stability.
As mentioned above, Lytton has solutions for all needs and preferences. The Signature Plush caters to the needs of those looking for a plush or soft mattresses, rated 3-5/10. The Signature Firm caters to the needs of those looking for a luxury firm mattress, rated 6-8/10.
Type of Sleepers
Through its two firmness options, the brand covers the needs of most sleeper types.
- Back sleeper: Lighter weight sleepers will love the cradling and gentle support of the Lytton Signature Comfort Plush. The heavier sleepers can avoid syncing and get more support and better spine alignment from the Lytton Signature Comfort Firm.
- Stomach sleeper: Stomach sleepers will feel best on the Lytton Signature Comfort Firm. It’s luxury firm rating of 6 to 8 out of 10 allows it to better distribute weight and further support the hips area, preventing spine misalignment and the back pain it usually prings about.
- Side sleeper: Most side sleepers will feel very comfortable on the Lytton Signature Comfort Plush, as they’ll benefit for better pressure relief in the hip area and enhanced cushioning and support throughout the body.
|Ratings Based on Sleeping Preference|
Due to the premium organic cotton cover and certified environment- and health-friendly foams used in their construction, Lytton mattresses do not raise any off-gassing concerns.
Being free of dangerous chemicals, and thanks to the improved airflow ensured by the quantum coils, they will air up fast without releasing any notable, disturbing unpleasant smells.
Lytton mattresses come with a 20 years infinity warranty. In times when specialists recommend replacing your mattress at least every 10 years and statistics say the average lifespan of a mattress is 8.9 years, that’s quite an attractive offer!
Your sleep preferences will surely change too within these two decades, so if you replace your Lytton mattress, it won’t be because of manufacturing defects or wear and tear, but because you’ll want something new or different.
Lytton mattresses are praised for their quality and comfort by numerous third-party websites and organizations, including the prestigious National Sleep Foundation. The latter designated Lytton Signature Comfort Plush as one of the best soft mattresses and gel mattresses out there, highly recommending it to slide sleepers and highlighting its pressure relief properties.
Reasons to Buy
- Innovative and sturdy 5-layer construction for excellent support and extended lifespan
- 12 inches of premium materials and luxurious comfort
- 2 firmness options (Plush and Firm) to meet all needs and preferences
- Made in the U.S. with top-quality materials sourced from reputed manufacturers
- Euro top, hand-tufted organic cotton cover for cloudlike comfort and added durabilitys
- Cooling and body temperature regulation from cooling gel infused foam with open cell structure and Serene®️ foam
- 5-zone targeted support and excellent edge support from the quantum edge coild with reinforced perimeter
- Up to 8 handles for easy carrying, positioning, and rotation
- 20 years infinity warranty
- CertiPUR-US certification for toxic material and VOCs emissions
- Attractive financing options
- Excellent reviews from buyers and 3rd parties
Who Should Buy?
- Anyone looking for comfort, support, pressure relief, and cooling.
- People with allergies, back, shoulder, or neck pain, especially side sleepers.
- Couples who like the bounce, support, and motion isolation of a high-quality hybrid mattress.
If you are looking for a mattress that will keep you cool and comfortable, support you and cradle your body while also preventing partner disturbance, then Lytton mattresses are definitely for you.
Once you’ve identified the right firmness option for your sleeping position needs and preferences, you can order it knowing that you’ll get a premium product, made from high-end, controlled-source materials, bound to last for decades.